In this How to Tech tutorial blog post, you will learn how to Backup and Restore Your WordPress Website using a WordPress plugin. We will explain it in step by step detail method using UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin.
This is very important to create your website backup for the safe side in the future. For example, if someone hacks your website or you did mistakenly something wrong with your website, you can easily restore it from the backup.
UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin is a very famous plugin and has millions of downloads. You can use this plugin for creating a full backup of your WordPress website including all website files and database.
How to Backup Your WordPress Website using UpdraftPlus
- First of all login to your WordPress website Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins and click on “Add New” Plugin
- Type Updraftplus in the Plugins search bar and press Enter button from your keyboard.
- A list of plugins will come up. Check for the UpdraftPlus plugin and click on the “Install Now” button.
- The plugin installation will start
- After completion of plugin installation, click on the “Activate” button.
- The plugin is now Installed and Activated.
- You will be redirected to the “Installed Plugins” area. Now, click on Settings below the UpdraftPlus plugin.
- Click on the “Backup Now” button.
- A new popup will come up and tick mark both options i.e. Includ your databse in the backkup (…) and Include your files in the backup (…) and click on the Backup Now button.
- The backup process will now start and will take some time to create your website backup. Just wait for it to complete.
- After completion of the backup, you will see the UpdraftPlus plugin has created your website backup. The backup can be seen below the Existing backups. that’s it.
- You can also download this backup to your PC by clicking the “Others” option and then click on “Download to your Computer”. The download will start.
How to Restore Your WordPress Website using UpdraftPlus
So you have created your website backup by following the above-detailed method and now you want to restore it right?. Follow the below-given step-by-step methods to restore your website.
- Hover your Mouse to Plugins and then click on “All Plugins” and You will be redirected to the “Installed Plugins” area.
- Click on Settings below the UpdraftPlus plugin (screenshot attached)
3. Select your Backup File and Click on the Restore button (screenshot attached)
4. A new screen will come up, tick mark all the five options in the Choose the components to restore: area and click on Next button (screenshot attached)
4. Click on the Restore button on the next screen. Your website will now start restoring. That’s all.
If you face any problem during creating a backup of your website or restoring, please feel free to ask me in the comments section box. I will be there and will help you out.