In this tech tutorial blog post, I am going to show you How to Change the Default Downloads Folder Location from C drive to D. By default, the ‘downloads’ folder storage is set to drive C and all the downloads data are stored in C drive which keeps space on your C drive.
If your PC is low on storage and wants to set your downloads folder from C drive D, here is how to do that. After setting your downloads drive default to D, all the data will be stored to drive D instead of C and you will have more space on your C Drive.
Follow the below-given steps to set the downloads folder location to Drive D.
- Click on Start Button and type “This PC” then open This PC / Computer or simply double click on “This PC” from your Desktop
- Double click on C Drive to open it.
- Open Users folder
- Under the User’s folder click on your user name
- Right-click on the Downloads folder and then select Properties
- Click on The Location Tab
- Under location, tab Change the location to the D drive.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- That’s all and your downloads folder default location is now set to D drive