In this tech tutorial blog post you will learn how to Remotely Access your Apple Mac from anywhere around the world where the internet is available. We will cover everything about accessing your Mac machine from anywhere using Windows 10 PC, Mac, or Mobile Phone.
Are you looking for a solution to access your office or home Mac machine from anywhere right? And you want to use your Mac data anywhere? Accessing your Mac machine remotely is the best solution to get access to your important data. You can use/access your Mac machine data remotely from anywhere.
In this blog post, we will show you how to remotely access your Mac machine from a Windows 10 PC, Mac machine, or even your mobile phone. Yes, you can remotely access to your Mac machine from your mobile phone too.
We will use VNC Viewer Application to access your Mac machine from anywhere around the world where the internet is available. This is one of the best Tool for Remote Access.
Before starting the How to Procedure, let me share the direct download links of the VNC Viewer application. Below is the direct download for Windows 10, Mac PC, and all others operating systems.
Direct download for Android Mobile Phone
Direct download for iPhone and iPad
Now let’s start how to configure your Mac PC for Remote Access first.
- Before accessing your Mac machine from anywhere, you must configure it for remote access. Here is how to do that.
- Go to Preferences/Settings from your Mac Machine and click on Sharing (screenshot attached)
- Click on ‘Remote Management’ from the left side bard.
- Do remember your Computer Name and IP address. (The computer name can be changed by clicking on the Edit button and enter the name that you want.
- Click on Computer Settings (screenshot attached)
- Tick mark all three checkboxes and enter the password in the ‘VNC Viewers may control screen with password:’ area and click on the OK button after entering the password (screenshot attached)
- The Settings are done on your Mac and now we will next to the PC from where we/you want to access this Mac.
How to Remotely Access your Mac from anywhere
- First of all Install VNC Viewer on your Mac, Windows PC, or Mobile Phone (the device from where you want to access your Mac. The download link is already given above at the start.
- After Download, simply install and then open it.
- In my case, I have installed VNV Viewer on my Windows 10 PC and will show you how to remotely access that Mac computer.
- After opening the VNC Viewer, you will see the Remote access screen. Enter your Mac IP address and click on the ‘Connect’ button as showing in the below screenshot. (Note: Your Mac PC will appear automatically after entering the IP address.
- A new screen will come up, click on the ‘Connect’ button again
- On the next screen, it will ask you for the password (that you entered in the third checkmark box at the start during configuring your Mac for remote access). Enter the password, tick mark the ‘Remember password’ box, and click on OK
- After that, Your Mac PC screen will comes which means you are remotely connected to your Mac computer. It will ask for the password (your Mac PC login password). Enter the password and click on the arrow button(screenshot attached).
- You are connected to your Mac computer remotely. That’s it.
If you are facing any kind of issue, feel free to ask in the comment section box.